Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Weekend Hurry Up and Get Here

I am soooo looking forward to this weekend. BF and I are finally going to get to go away for a few days. I've got most of the weekend planned out and I can't wait to get it started. BF is also very stoked to be getting away for a bit. He's been mentioning the need for a vacation for awhile. 3 days isn't really a holiday but its a nice break from the ordinary.

I'm also looking forward to spending time with Nathaniel. He's a good friend of mine that I've known since the days of high school. We've always kept in touch over the years but the last few years we've been closer. He wrote a very touching post about me that brightened up my morning before heading to work today.

Week 2 of work is almost over. This Friday will be a payday and I'm so happy to be expecting 32 hours on my first cheque. This job will definitely help me reach my goal of being debt free before the year is over and that is my number one goal. Once that monkey is off my back I'll feel so proud of myself. I've been in debt for so long it will be a nice feeling (or strange) to not have to pay off debt somewhere and actually put that money to good use for the future.

Once the debt is paid off I'm going to set up some more financial goals for myself. Australia and the EFund will be priority for me but I'm thinking there are a few other things I need to address as well.

Nathaniel has told me that on Sunday we can do whatever I want and he would foot the bill. I suggested maybe we could go set up an EFund for him. That would be a great gift for both of us. I want to see him set up for the future too!

2 comments:

Nathaniel Christopher said...

Thank GOD for your blog... I was kind of fuzzy exactly what were doing and when, so I referred to your blog and there it was! It saved me from making potentially embarrassing phone calls or instant messages.

The Efund idea is really good... but won't the banks be closed then?

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PAYDAY ROCKS :)