Yesterday I had a meeting with the Pharmacy Manager/Store Owner about a potential job offer. The meeting went really well. I was fully honest, as always, about my Australia plans for next year and laid everything out on the table. We talked about my good and bad experiences in dealing with pharmacy work. I basically let it be known that for a long while I didn't think I would ever tech again but that after time I started to wonder if I should try it again at another store. I was willing to make a final effort at making all my student loans pay off and decided to do the interview.
The job is full time. For now its Monday to Friday but in the future I may have to rotate weekends which means maybe every 4th or 5th weekend. Not bad. Currently there are two part time girls who want weekends so the full time staff gets them off. Yay! The tech hours are either 9-5, 10-6 or 1-9. There are benefits after 3 months. RRSP matches after 12 months (wont apply for me cuz I'll be gone). There is a positive work environment and they will pay for some additional training for me while I'm there. Since I wont be there more than a year I wont get to take advantage of all the training but its still a good offer.
This morning he called me as promised and offered me the job. I start Tuesday the 14th (voting day) at a great wage. I was surprised by the starting wage, pleasantly surprised, which has helped me make this decision. It's also only one bus ride away which is great!
As for the other offer.. I gave the studio all my paperwork over Friday and Saturday. Then I had to return Sunday to sign some documents she had forgotten about. She said she would fax them off on Monday and call me when she had my start date. I haven't heard anything back yet.
Even though photography is something I'm really interested in I have to take into consideration that this is an opportunity I can pick up again if I really want to down the road. Right now I really need to save money and the photography job pays almost $5 less per hour. It also doesn't come with any benefits and its a way longer commute. I only have one year until the trip to Australia and there's a lot of financial pressure on my back.
So I've decided to take the pharmacy job. The only thing I forgot to mention was need for two Mondays off in the near future for birthday randomness. I've already left a message for him to call me back. If its really a problem I only need one of them off for sure. That's the weekend of the big birthday extravaganza for BF which I'm really excited for.
I'm going to have to call the studio soon. I'm going to be honest with her and tell her the circumstances and see if maybe I can still do weekends there. The studio job was only guaranteed as seasonal most likely to go permanent but I can't gamble like that. So if she would be interested in weekends that's great. If not then more time for me and BF I guess.
So that's the story morning glories!