Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2008

October Birthdays

October means a lot of birthdays in my family, including my own. I have been slowly cutting down on how much I spend on birthday gifts. This year I've managed to get away with either a card, cake or homemade dinner. I usually also kick in a small gift around $10.

Even when it comes to kids in the family I've reduced my spending. I take my time now and really look for something special thats in a reasonable price range. I've decided to stop stressing over presents so much.

I have to get organized so that nobody gets forgotten this month!

October Birthdays In Order

Youngest Birthday - Card and Dinner out, Reservation booked for Saturday
Uncles Birthday (twin) - Card, Scratch and win tickets
Aunts Birthday (twin)- Card - lives across Canada from me
Nieces Birthday - Fun gift, handmade necklace or bracelet
Dolly's Birthday - Dinner out?
Grandpa's Birthday - Card, favorite candies and a nice puzzle

Ok! Now that I've figured out what I want to do and have a list I'd better get on it. We'll be celebrating all the October birthdays on one night which will also be our Thanksgiving dinner that I am hosting. Saves a lot of time, money and effort over a whole month of events.

Also I'll be hosting another family night on Halloween so everyone can dress up and have fun greeting trick or treaters!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's my birthday this month too!

DINKS said...

Wow, that IS a lot! December is a big one for us :) it's like we have 4 Xmas' in a row! haha...

Dolly Iris said...

Leigh Ann - Yay! We're birthday buddies

J Money - Oooh. Must be an expensive month!