Pages

Friday, October 10, 2008

Dropping Like Flies

So it appears that my sister and family will not be attending our Thanksgiving feast. She is not feeling well and offered to just send my niece but she has also been sick with a cold. Since I don't want to catch anything before starting my new job I didn't think that would be best.

Earlier today my brother announced he too is sick but getting better. He wants to know if he can still come, even with his bad cough. :( I told him he should go to the clinic and find out if its contagious and to get a mask and some hand sanitizer, lol.

So the numbers are dwindling fast. Thats 4 or 5 people out of 12. Darn, should have bought a smaller bird.

My mom decided to pitch in some money towards dinner as now I'm having to pick up some things last minute due to cancellations which helps out. She requested a share of the leftovers in return. Haha! Who doesn't love a turkey sandwich (besides Arual ;)) ?

In other news I've book a new reservation and thing are looking good except the Bday Boy is being a dinkasaurus. I sent him a msg stating he had to take October 27th off for a long weekend surprise and now he says he won't do it until I tell him what's going on. I didn't want to hint to anything this early but wanted to make sure he could get the day off. How can anybody hate surprises this much? Man! He makes this difficult!

I'm about half way through cleaning but I've got some baking to do so I'd better get my arse out of this chair and get to work. It's time to git er done!

1 comment:

Canadian Saver said...

Oh I hope you still get a good turnout! How big is your turkey??

I'm very curious to see what you have planned for your BF's birthday bash :-)