As promised here is the first installment of info given to me by the BC hydro company.
No Cost Options
Here is a list of things you can do at home to save energy, followed by the amount it will save you per year.
- Turn off two 60W lights for one hour a day when not in use. $3/yr
- Shorten your shower time by one minute. $26/yr
- Switch off your computer when not in use. $10/yr
- Wash clothes in cold water twice a week. $25/yr
- Hang two loads of laundry to dry a week. $18/yr
- Turn down the heat by 4-5 degrees at night and when not at home. $39/yr
- Set your thermostat 1 degree Celsius lower during heating hours. $8/yr
- Skip the heat-dry feature on your dishwasher four times a week. $6/yr
- Set your fridge to 4 degrees Celsius if it is not at 3 degrees. $3/yr
- Turn off a TV for one hour a day when not in use. $3/yr
- Unplug two chargers when the devices are not charging. $6/yr
- Get rid of an old second fridge through BC Hydro's Refridgerator Buy-Back Program (includes $#0 rebate and free pick up). $114/yr
- Turn off a video game console when not in use. $14/yr