Pages

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday Night Word Vomit

It's been so long since I've posted or been able to catch up with reading everyones blogs. *sigh. I feel so out of touch!

I've completed my first week at the pharmacy. Wow! These technicians really know their stuff. They practically do everything themselves. It's going to be a huge learning curve for me. I'm more adapted to different aspects of pharmacy like running a methadone program or blister packing for senior homes. These girls are process prescriptions, dealing with third party billing and Pharmanet. The good thing is everyone is really nice and they are happy to have me there. I've been making myself useful and trying to be a sponge. Its working so far.

I hosted a very successful thanksgiving dinner. I'll share my new favorite under skin rub with you all later. My grandfather brought me a rose he cut from the garden at the property of where his home burned down but is now in the process of being rebuilt. It was very touching.

This weekend a close friend came over to celebrate my upcoming birthday. It was nice to catch up and spend time together. We pigged out on food and chatted up a storm. Today we took a nice stroll through our teenage stomping grounds and reminisced.

Tonight I took some gifts over to my sisters new place for my niece. We share a birthday together which is actually tomorrow. I bought her the cutest play skirt that is black and lights up with all these fiber optic lights. Very cool.

I feel tired lately and a little overwhelmed. I did find the energy to make a killer turkey soup though a few days ago. Mmm, turkey soup. I wish I had tomorrow off for my birthday as I could really use the rest but I couldn't negotiate tomorrow and next Monday off so I settled for being able to take the three day weekend next week. BF and I are both excited for some time off to relax and have fun on the mainland.

I have to say I'm really not interested in pharmacy at all. After we leave for Australia I don't see myself returning to this line of work at all. I do keep my chin up though. I remind myself every day of how this job will help me realize all of my goals faster and that it offers me a lot of things I want such as friendly staff, benefits, great pay, store discounts and good working conditions.

I realize now more than ever how important this trip is to me and I'm willing to do just about anything to make it happen. That means buckling down and really striving towards my pf goals. It's time to kick this debt in the ass once and for all. I'm confident I can beat this sucker out by the end of the year working at this job and that makes it all worth it in my eyes.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Happy Birthday :)

Canadian Saver said...

Dolly, I'm sure the work there is easier physically than the other jobs you were doing? It'd be very neat if you could stay there until you go to Australia :-)

Dolly Iris said...

Arual - Thank you very much!

Canadian Saver - I miss the physical work :(