Pages

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Where has my brain been lately?

I thought I had been doing really well with money. So good in fact that I logged on to my online banking to see what left over money I could transfer onto my student loan. To my horror I realized I was in my overdraft for about $17 worth. Yuck!

Its been quite some time since I've made a mistake like this. Now I'll have to pay up some small bank fees to rectify what I've done. I am disappointed with my mistake and realize that I've got to get myself back on track.

My mind has been a flood of thoughts. Last night I tossed and turned all night. I didn't get a winks sleep until 4am and my alarm soon went off at 5am. I decided to call in to work. I slept until 9am and then tried making a doctors appointment, forgetting my physician does not work on Thursday. So then I called my mom to find out things are more chaotic then ever with my sister. I'm so tired of this situation that I'm removing myself from it completely.

The upside to this post is that I do have an interview down the street in a few hours. The job is Monday to Friday and 40 hours a week. The best thing about this job is the fact that it is close to home. This means I won't be relying on carpool anymore, which will also save me $60/mo. Being so close to home also means that if I do decide to look for a second job I can run home quickly in between without hassle.

The last few days at work I've been feeling horribly guilty about looking for a new job. I discussed it with a coworker I've grown close to and he looked me straight in the eye and told me not to let guilt hold me back. I really can't wait to find something and tell my bosses I'm leaving. I want to tell them that I love working with them and my other coworkers but that I just can't stay because of money and other personal issues with the job. It will be hard but I've got to just deal with it.

We'll see how things go with the interview first. The interview is in less than three hours so I've got to get myself ready. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Laura said...

How was the interview???

Anonymous said...

How did it go? I did one yesterday too and it, well, I have no idea how it went.

Hopefully yours went better.

Shevy said...

I hope it went well! And try not to beat yourself up too much about going into overdraft. You've had a lot going on this last little while.