Pages

Friday, August 22, 2008

Feeling Exhausted

Thank god today is Friday cuz Dolly is dead tired. Taking care of the kids after work is really too much for me. Yesterday I was so tired I was in tears. My sister and her BF have been stalling on getting daycare (paid for) because they think they have support from us. Well hold on a minute, it's one thing to help out in a time of need but its another to be expected to watch their kids every day when they have another alternative. It's just not respectful to our time or our generosity.

Today I thought I was going to be kid less so I came home and decided to catch up on some me time. I was in the middle of shaving my legs when I heard a quiet knock on the door downstairs. I went to the window and peaked out and saw their van outside. I was basically naked and so I just ignored it and went back to the bathroom. I mean, if he can't even call I am just going to pretend I didn't hear it.

I called my mom shortly after and she told me she told him that I must be busy with errands. His response was well I'll wait an hour or two and then go see if she's done her stuff. WTF?!?! Then I found out he wants me to take their kids in the mornings on the weekends and then for an hour on and off for the rest of the day. I don't think so!

Meanwhile I haven't been able to do anything for myself. I have a tooth that is aching. Some physical pain which I believe is from my job that I need to see the doctor for among other things. I'm trying to find a better paying job but worst of all.... I'm so tired it makes me cry.

BF thinks I'm being selfish but he's not the one who gets up at 530am, goes to a labour job, comes home and gets a baby and 6 year old handed to them half an hour later. Then when their dad comes to get them its 9pm and he stays for an hour to talk about nothing. So when he leaves I can only go to bed.

Sorry for the rant. I must sound like a bitch but they are really taking advantage of my mother and I right now. They expect my mom to take care of the kids with a broken hand. She's had my niece two nights in a row and will probably have her again tonight.. Sigh....

3 comments:

DogAteMyFinances said...

This really sounds like a lot of mooching. If someone is really sick--like in the hospital or in chemo or something--helping out sounds totally reasonable to me.

But this is clearly not going to work as the new living arrangements.

Laura said...

WOW! That sucks DOlly. Take a deep breath and as realisticaly how long they think they need your support with whatever it is that is going on. And you are entited to you time. Sometimes life and other people's lives get in the way of you-time. Keep holding your head up, tell them what you need too and try to be there. One day, you may need this kind of help and even if your sister doesn't provide it, someone else will and you will be extra thankful because you know how frustrating it can be.

Canadian Saver said...

You can vent here all you want, it's your blog after all and we come here to support you {{{hugs}}}