Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Playing Hookey

Today I am playing hookey from work. I woke up and my wrist was hurting pretty bad. I decided it was from tagging 4ooo garments yesterday at the store and decided to call in. I was getting shooting pains into my elbow last night. My supervisor was fine with it.

I talked to my old boss today who said that I am more than welcome to come back but that she wants to keep me employed there until October of next year when I go to Australia. Hmm... well I'm not sure how keen I am on that so we'll have to see how things go. She also asked for me to have a letter she is drafting explaining the range of movement of my job signed by my doctor. I really don't think my doctor would have a problem with this. If the carpel tunnel did act up badly I guess I could always quit. We did talk about some alternatives such as wrist braces, specific exercises and a small magnetic tool I can use to minimize some of the strain on my wrist during work. I told her I would book an appointment which can take some time with my doctor. The letter should be ready sometime tomorrow afternoon.

I don't know... seems like a lot of big commitments. Should I just look for something else and tell her I wasn't comfortable with the letter. I mean if I do get hurt at work will this affect me being able to go to WCB? I want to keep good relations with this boss so I will think it over during the next week while I'm being tortured at my current job. I'm kind of thinking I should be on the hunt for something else if this is the case. I've been looking but there is nothing out there right now. I talked this over with my best friend and she too had noticed this so I'll have to be careful with my next move.

Any thoughts?

12days to go!!!

No comments: