Yay for me!
I was responsible about it though. I started yesterday by sending a Face.book msg to my old carpool buddy asking if she would still be interested in carpooling if I was to come back. She msged me back almost instantly and said she would definitely love that.
Today I was planning to call my old employer since things were really shitty but I forgot the number. By the time first break rolled around I was so desperate to get out of there I called BF at work who searched the number online for me. I called and spoke to my boss' husband who said they would love to have me back and to call back later to speak to his wife.
I called later on and she was very happy to hear from me and said she just had to check with her office that it would be okay but other than that they would be more than delighted to have me back. I was careful to tell her it may only be temporary. She told me she expected me to give proper notice to my new boss and that she would call me tomorrow after she spoke to the front office.
I knew I was supposed to wait until tomorrow to quit but I couldn't. I bit my tongue until after last break (each break was very busy on my cell, lol) when I was just about to bite the head off a customer. I thought... I can't wait. Even if I don't get back on at my old employer I've got to get the f@ck out of here!! I asked my manager if we could have a private chat when she was not busy. Turns out she wasn't busy.
We had a sit down in a private room and I spilled the beans. I told her "I'm just going to be very straight forward and honest". She loved that. We really are very similar people. So these are the points I made:
- The reason I had wanted a job in production was to avoid the public. This job has me out with the customers half the working day, which is not something I like or that will change.
- I can deal with rude or aggressive customers because they are sick (pharmacy) but I will not take crap from the a$$holes who shop in this particular store.
- I miss my old coworkers and I find that not all the staff are very friendly
- We talked in length about a specific worker that she's already had plans to do something about.
- Then I told her I am just plain unhappy. I told her its affecting my moods and people have noticed. I haven't felt creative in a week and with only one year until Australia I just want to be happy in BC as I may go to Quebec for a few years once I come back.
- Lastly I told her I had already called my former employer and had made arrangements to return to my old job once I had completed whatever time frame she needed me for to find a replacement.
Whew! Let the countdown begin!!! (Its going to be darn hard to last two weeks!!!! *sigh)
14 days to go!! 0/14