Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

What's Cooking Wednesday!!! - Freezing Berries

(^^^^hand picked from our first crop^^^^)
Today's installment will be quick and sweet!

I have a quick tip for freezing your summer berries that are coming on sale everywhere right now.

When freezing berries try spreading them out on a cookie sheet so that they freeze individually. Once they are frozen go ahead and throw them into a freezer bag to store for later.

I like to have frozen berries on hand for a lot of things:

Muffins
Smoothies
Strawberry Shortcake
BF's Raspberry Coule
Ice cream topper

and Eating Frozen Berries as is!

What do you use your frozen berries for?

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Mm, I love strawberries - have never tried them frozen but will have to now!

Ginger said...

It's all about the smoothies for me... either that, or I heap them with granola and yogurt for breakfast in the morning. Yum!

Oh yes, I added you to my blogroll finally :) I've been neglecting it for so long! Just thought I'd let you know!

SavingDiva said...

my grandmother used to make jam and freeze it! YUM!