Pages

Friday, July 11, 2008

Bad Day

Yesterday I went for what I thought was a job interview at a local hotel and ended up being put to work for 4 hours. At the end of the day I had a talk with the manager and I had a bad feeling about the job. I kind of felt like because she knew about education background that she felt she had something to prove to me about how hard the job was physically. I don't know what it is but every time I get a labour type job they hold my education against me.

This morning I only worked one hour before I burst into tears and had to leave. It was a very short job for which I only worked a total of 5 hours for and should receive payment on the 22nd. There was another girl who started yesterday and she also quit today. It wasn't the work that bothered me but more the attitude from the manager as to the way she talked down to me. *sigh

I'm really tired of working for other people. I want to start an entrepreneurial fund so that I can get out of this rat race. :(

1 comment:

Nathaniel Christopher said...

I'm so sorry, Dolly.

*hugs*

I deal with this too... I always get some jive about being overqualified.