Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Job Offer Accepted

I was really upset when I was let go from that other factory job. I really enjoyed the physical aspect of the job and still miss my coworkers. So the last while as I've been looking for work I seemed to not get any call backs for things that I really wanted and instead got a lot of dud offers that just weren't going to work for me.

Well this week I've been trying to put positive vibes out there a lot. I tried to build my karma every where I went. I really truly believe that karma is a powerful force, especially when you are pairing it with a positive outlook on life.

I called a number listed for a job and left a message. Luckily I left my phone number because on the message I promised to send a fax as well of my resume but they had not received. They called me and informed me of the issue so I faxed it again right away and set up an interview which I went to yesterday morning.

The interview went better than I expected. The business is owned by a husband and wife team. I had the interview with the wife and I really liked her. This is a factory job with mostly men but she assured me that if anyone ever breathed a word of sexism in any woman's direction they would be immediately canned. Woohoo!

We talked for a long time (everyone always finds my resume interesting, lol) and she offered me a job after touring the factory. The job has a set wage with an easy to achieve bonus plan. I liked that a lot!!! Also there is full benefits after 6 months, including dental ( I need this badly). The job is Monday to Friday from 7am to 3:30pm. Sounds good right?

I am really excited. I have to go buy some WCB approved steal toed boots before the job starts Friday. The problem is the store I need to buy them from is closed because they are moving and they keep pushing back the opening date. My mom took me there today because they have stopped answering their phones and they said they're not sure when they will open this week and I cannot start until I get the boots... sigh

Another problem is getting to work. The bus here doesn't start running until 7:10. Damnit! I wrote the bus service a nasty note about the lack of service, especially with gas on the rise and BC trying to go green. The bus service seems to run for people who work Monday to Friday, 9-5. BF has offered to buy me a bike this weekend. Its been about 10 years since I hopped on a bike. I wasn't very good at it, I think its a balance and nervousness issue. It's quite far so we'll have to see how it works out.

I'm keeping my new employer aware of my problems finding boots. She said she may have a pair there that I can use for a few days but they are probably not my size (7.5). I'm going to keep looking and hoping I can find some before Friday (fingers crossed).

I'm really looking forward to starting this new job. I hope I'm good at it and things work out because everyone seems very nice and I like the fact that I wont be dealing with customers or any nasty people. :D

3 comments:

Laura said...

Yeah Dolly!!! I hope this opportunity works out and opens even more doors for you :)

Canadian Saver said...

Congrats! Hope you can get the little details worked out by tomorrow :-)

Esme said...

Congrats Dolly. Why not try to get used? I remember seeing some steel toe boots on sale on Kijiji when I was listing my boots. Good luck!