So for those of you who are new to this blog you may not know that I do not have a drivers license. I had a learners license at one point but after two years it expired.
Driving is a very big fear of mine. It really stresses me out thinking about it but its something I have to get over. Not driving limits me in a lot of ways.
- I've missed out on a lot of great job opportunities because of it.
- Transit here sucks so it takes an hour to just go to one place (errands? forget it)
- Relying on other people in a rush situation is never fun
- I want to start selling at Farmers markets but cannot transport every on the bus obviously
- Transit is also expensive, limited to ridiculous areas and does not run very late or early
- Grocery shopping is stressful when you have to think about how much everything weighs for your walk home.
- Its never nice meeting people somewhere nice or going to an interview after standing in an Island rain or wind storm.
- On road trips BF has to do all driving... this has to change before we move to Australia
I was considering going down today to take my test but I'm not doing very well on the practice tests and I really should read the book before I go. I didn't read the book the first time and passed but this time I'm trying to take it more seriously.
I called the testing center and the close at 3:30 everyday for learners testing which means I would either have to do it today or to get off an hour or two early one day from my new job because I get off shift at 3:30. I just don't feel I could do it today. I can't cram a whole book in my head in 3 hours and make myself beautiful for the learners photo!
If you would like to try a practice exam you can find it here. I managed to pass one after 3 tries but I need to do better than that before I go pay the $35 to take the test.
p.s no, that is not me in the pic