Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Response to Anonymous Comment

Anonymous said...

Who do you think you are? Why are you trying to put yourself between your "friend" and her family? Her mother is her mother, and always will be and she should support her daughter, not trash talk her to you. Whether or not you agree with the choices she has made in her life, it is not your place to criticize. She is an adult, and will have to live with the consequences of her actions. Be this having one, two or five babies! Or pushing all her friends away. Or remaining in an unhealthy relationship.

I guess your post just bugged me because it seems you are trying to win over her families approval, and have them agree with your thoughts and feelings on the situation. It also seems as if you think you never do anything wrong. Are you willing to take any responsibility in this? I'm sorry, but if you where the "friend" of my daughter in this said situation, I would tell you where to go, and how to get there.


Well comments like yours always fall under anonymous.

Firstly, I did not put myself between her and her family. I spoke to her mother because I work for her. She was the one who called me and initiated the conversation. We didn't trash talk her at all. I care for her and so does her mother. The conversation was mostly about our working agreement and was peppered with concern for her daughter. There was no ill will towards her daughter. Am I allowed to have a conversation with a woman I have known since I was in seventh grade and whom I have lived with in the past? Yes, I believe so.

There is more to this story then what I write on this blog. I don't care about her having babies. I have obviously supported her choices thus far but to be degraded by her bf is not something I will do. I have been friends with her many years through good and bad. I'm not the one who ended the friendship. I do think though that when my best friend is in an abusive relationship having babies that she felt pressured to have is a bad situation and I don't like it. I have been with her through every event in her life without problem, but when the abuse comes my way I step out.

You are so out of left field with your comments. Did you not read where I wrote that I opted to give up the only income I have right now as to not stir the pot? I have not spoken to her mother since our last business transaction. Her families thoughts and feelings are no secret to me or her. If you would really like to know her mother was fully aware of what was happening and the conversation was in part me crying over the loss of a dear friend.

In this situation I do not believe I have done anything wrong. I was trapped in a bad situation with people screaming at me, trying to keep me stranded in the middle of no where and degrading me. I made the decision to leave and she made the decision to break off the friendship. Did you miss something or do I need to break it down even more for you? The only thing I take responsibility for is taking care of myself in an unsafe situation. What else should I take responsibility for? The fact that I supposedly could have given her child mad cow disease? Bitch, Please!

So to anonymous commenter I suggest you read a post thoroughly before commenting in such manner. Now I'm sure I don't have to tell you since you seem to know so well... where to go and how to get there.

****EDIT

I just looked up the persons IP address using my statcounter and it seems the comment comes from a person who has visited my blog 255 times. Why do you feel the need to hide who you are?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a useless contribution that anonymous commentator made.
Sounds like someone who perhaps made similar bad choices in the past, and felt everyone was `ganging up' when friends and family called him/her on it?
I can say that because I was once with a guy who only dragged me down (he was a little bit more sly than this one you describe, but eventually my friends/family figured out he was no good).
At the time, when they told me how they felt, I did feel ganged up on - even though I knew in my heart they were right.
In the end, having to hear my mother tell me she disagreed with my choices helped me realise that what he was doing to me was not ok.
Mum didn't withdraw her love but said she couldn't be around me when I was with him.
I don't know what kind of message I would have gotten if everybody had `stood by me' and told me how wonderful he was, or if they just let me go on making bad decisions without telling me they disagreed.
It's not always the solution for a mother (or friend) to `stand by and support' someone in this situation.
Sometimes the best way to support someone is to walk away. It can be good to let them know that you'll be there for them when they're ready to get out from their situation, but you don't have to be a willing party to it!
Especially when their BF is out-and-out rude to you.
Dolly, I would have left them to it a long time ago. You were a saint to last as long as you did!

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

Ugh. Anons suck. *hug* read the whole thing, am gonna link it.

LOL... good on you for fighting back

Nathaniel Christopher said...

Nobody commented on my kick ass rebutal to that nasty mad cow! hehe