Pages

Saturday, July 5, 2008

A Great Evening

Last night my mom called us over to play Yahtzee. BF and I are big game players and so we went over right away. I was pleasantly surprised to see my Grandpa and my Uncle there waiting to play too. We had a blast and soon it was past midnight and nobody had even noticed the time slip by.

The best part was when I first got there. My grandfather jumped up and gave me a big bear hug and told me he loved me right away. I almost melted. That is the second time in the last month or so he has done that and its almost floored me both times. My grandfather is not one to express emotion so my mom has been pretty shocked too.

We always had a special bond. This last year has been hard with my grandma passing and then his house burning down. I've tried to be there for him but lately I've been caught up in my stuff. Today was a good reminder about what I should thinking about when I'm down. I have an amazing family and I should really spend more of this free time I have with them right now. I've been so upset over not being able to find suitable employment that I haven't stopped to think about the positives in my life.

I always say I can't wait to get the hell out of here but then moments like this remind me to slow down and enjoy what I have.

No comments: