Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Wising up to Phone Card Savings



A few years back I used to work in a call center that had a high priority on selling the customer more than they needed. We used to get points for getting customers to sign up for things such as long distance plans and services that were not really not all that great. The customer would call in about something different and the goal was to get them focused on other products to "improve" their service. Long distance plans were a big one, which gave us a lot of points which lead to more cash in our pockets.

The long distance plans were horrible. The rates were high and the calling cards didn't offer services that were useful. There was also a dial around number that had very high fees which I would constantly get calls about, only to tell the customer to read the small print. It was a very degrading process and I didn't work there very long.

I think people should do their own research when it comes to long distance calling. There is a great site out there called Phone Card Avenue where you can get amazing rates calling all over the globe. They even have a cash back system so that you can earn money as your calling to fund future calls.

There are a lot of benefits to using a phone card. For one you don't have to pay a monthly fee to just have the service available to you like a regular phone company does. Two, you don't have to worry about weird charges showing up on your phone bill because its all prepaid and can be done easily online.

I am definitely going to look into these cards the next time I travel too! The last time I visited the United States I had a really hard time finding a calling card with good rates to Canada. Some of the cashiers even asked me where Canada was and wanted to know why I wanted a card for it. Ugh. I'd rather bypass the slow guy at the counter and jump online and get it done in two seconds flat and be on my merry way. :)

The bottom line is don't just eat what your long distance carriers feed you. Check out this site and the deals on phone cards so you can really see what the competition offers. It will be worth you while and save you some $.

No comments: