Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Job Search Progress

So over the last few days I've been mapping out a plan of attack for my job search. I have been emailing my resume to any job that didn't make me gag. I hate being in this situation of not being able to be choosy!

Tonight my plan is set up my printer/fax if I can get it working so I can start faxing my resumes out to people that I have written down on a list. After that I'll need to print out a handful of resumes to hand out tomorrow. I am dividing my job search into geographical sections. I like to work close to home to avoid long nasty bus commutes because I cannot drive. Tomorrow I have two sections to deliver resumes too.

I have a job interview on Thursday for a part time job at a portrait studio but I'm not sure how this will work out. The job is on the opposite side of town and although I enjoy photography I'm not trained as a professional. I actually had an interview scheduled with them today but discovered some information online last night which stated it was a weekend only job which doesn't work for me so I called today and left a msg stating that I was looking for something on weekdays. She called me back and said that one of the two ads was incorrect and that she could work with me if I needed weekdays so we rescheduled. She seems very nice so I think I'll give it a try and see if I can pick up a new skill!

Part time is definitely not going to cut it for me but its a start. I'm going to keep looking.

1 comment:

Canadian Saver said...

Good luck with the interview! They must be willing to do some training... this could be interesting!