Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

What's Cooking Wednesday!!! - Butter Bean, Sundried Tomato and Pesto Soup

For this installment of What's Cooking Wednesday I'm going to feature a recipe I haven't actually tried yet but think it looks good and super easy!

Butter Bean, Sun-dried Tomato and Pesto Soup

3 1/4 Cup Chicken or Vegetable Stock
2 - 14 Oz Can Butter (Lima) Beans - drained and rinsed
4 Tbsp Sun-dried tomato paste
5 Tbsp Pesto

Pour stock and butter beans into a pan and bring just to a boil.

Reduce heat and stir in sun-dried tomato paste and pesto.

Cook gently for 5 minutes.

Transfer soup to a blender/processor and blend until smooth.

Return puree to pan and gently heat again for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.

Ladle into bowls and serve it up with with some tasty bread!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I attempted your idea of "What's cooking Wednesday" last night to try something new. I made a brocolli (spelling? I never know with that word)and rice casserole dish and then pan fried some minute steaks to serve with it. It was really good and super easy. Thanks for inspiring me to think outside of my usualy rice and pasta sauce dinners! :)

Dolly Iris said...

Mmmm that sounds delicious. I'm glad I inspired you! :)

I like cooking a lot but I'm still very amateur at it so I try to find quick and easy recipes that are tasty!