Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Food Challenge Update

This month I am taking part in Krystal's Grocery Budget Challenge. My goal that I set forth was $200. Last weekend I know I did some serious damage but weekends is the only time I shop for things like that so I hope I'll be alright. Dang, I had to spend just after the month started!

So this is what I spent:

Buns Master ~ 12.01
Man Lee Oriental Food and Grocery ~ 24.29
Save On More ~ 89.27

Oh ... wait a minute... good thing I just double checked this receipt because it appears the teller never swiped my card at the Save On! Grrr! That cost me an extra $9.42!! Oh well, I know when I go next time if I bring the receipt I will get my money back but still...

Thats a total of $116.15 (including the refund)

Wow... I have a lot of month ahead of me too.

Oh! My guy just said he will take the receipt on his way to rock climbing after dinner and get my money back. Woohoo!

So there you have it folks..7 days in and already over half my budget is gone. I knew I spent a lot on food but this challenge is making me think it must be a lot worse than I think. Eek!

2 comments:

SavingDiva said...

What did you buy at Save On more?!

Dolly Iris said...

A whole crap load of stuff. Some of its my BF's stuff but I paid for it. We take turns when we're shopping paying for things :)