Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Career Morals

This week I got a call back from a job with a bank that I was interested in. I was so excited to get the call since looking for jobs in my area is quite the rollercoaster. Unfortunately this job would have crossed over my personal morals boundary and I had to turn it down.

The job was for a loans officer at a local bank. I thought it would be fun to work in a bank because finances intrigue me so much and I'm always dying to learn more. The downer was this job was more of a sales opportunity with qouta's to fill. Which means I wouldn't just be helping people secure loans I would be pressuring them. I spoke to a friend who said she knew somebody who had held that position before and had decided to leave the job because of the high pressure.

At first he worked in a high populated area where people were walking in all the time and asking for loans. Then he was moved to another branch and was forced to call clients and convince them they needed to come in and sign for a loan. UGH!!!

Knowing what I do about the struggle and stress of debt I could never do that and feel good about myself. This job had to be turned down and the search continues.

Sometimes you have to remember who you are and what you stand for.

Bye bye job offer!

No comments: