Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2008

End of the Month Figures for January 2008

Well it’s that time of the month where all the PF bloggers reveal their progress for the month. I am feeling pretty good about my numbers this month. At this time I don’t budget. Next month I will start tracking my finances but for now the only numbers you all get to see are my shrinking debt totals. J

So let’s start with last months figures:

Federal Student Loan 4153.79
Provincial Student Loan 1120.82
Savings 110.00

Now here are the new figures:

Federal Student Loan $4,107.91
Provincial Student Loan
$125.23
Savings 110.00

Do you all see that? Check again, I’ll wait, lol. Yes that is right! I managed to pay off a grand of my debt last month. I am so proud of me!!

Next week I will be able to finally pay that sucker off. I can’t wait to call them up and let them know. Then I’ll be impatiently waiting to receive the “loan paid in full” letter in the mail.

This is not typical and I don’t expect to be able to keep up this type of progress. There is no way I can keep putting that type of money on my debt but this month I could and so I did. Yes there were probably a lot of pretty looking excuses I could have had for purchasing other “things” but I didn’t. I have self discipline now!

As for the savings number….. you don’t have to tell me. I already know how sad it is. Next month I’ll try and remember to beef it up a little but I’m just so tempted to pay debt instead. I know that this is bad and that I should really have my EFund in check but watching the numbers fall was so fun.


So 2008 is off to an amazing start!

No comments: