Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Working from Home

This year it is my goal to work from home. I understand that a lot of people want to work from home but cant seem to generate enough income to live off of. I'm hoping that I will be able to be successful at this using a few different avenues. I have come up with 4 ways to earn money out of my home this year.

1) Taking calls from home.
I have experience working in call centers. Depending on the company you work for its not that bad of work. Working from home means I would be free from busy call center distractions and it would allow me more control. I have started building a resume online with one company and slowly gathering the supplies I need for this to be successful.

2) Ear Coning.
Over the last few years I have been interested in a process called Ear Coning. During the last few months I got in touch with a Holistic Healing Center that preforms ear coning. They hold a class 2-3 times a year and I'm on the wait list for the next class. Once I receive the certificate I will be purchasing a table and some other equipment so I can start building clients. This is something I can do from my home or in the home of the client.

3) Handcrafted Jewelry
I feel I am a pretty creative person. Two summers ago I took some of my work to a Farmers Market and tested how it sold. I did pretty well for my first time with limited pieces to offer. Last year I purchased a membership to the local market and hope to be a drop in vendor there this summer and into the beginning of fall when the cruise ships come to the harbour. The jewelry is handcrafted here in my home and will be sold possibly online this year. I have a purchased website already under my company name.

4) Child Minding
Being in my mid twenties a lot of people around me now have small children and are always looking for someone to mind them. I set up an online forum on a popular site to set parents up with sitters. I used to be a nanny when I was right out of school and I liked it quite a lot. I ended up doing a lot of volunteer with children and almost decided to become an elementary school teacher. So this is something I could do to make some quick cash here and there.

So here are 4 great ways to make some money. Will it be enough? I hope so. I am willing to put the effort in to try and make it work. Thats the hardest part. Being disciplined enough and find sources of income that will sustain my living habits. This will be a great test for me. I need to have some type of income coming in before the first week of March... wish me luck and determination people!!!!

No comments: