Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

Please Tax Me More

When I filled out my forms to start back at work I had asked for an additional $15 to be taken off per cheque. When I got my last payout I noticed the taxes didn't look high enough. I knew something was wrong because the number already seemed low, then if I considered the additional 15 to be taken off it was definitely not right.
I really don't want to pay too much taxes. I'd rather have the money in my bank account making me money rather than let the government have my interest in its pocket. Still, I don't want to risk being under taxed by work as I have been in the past and then have to dish out a few hundred bucks unexpectedly. I'm going to try doing things this way for a year and see how it works out for me.
So I approached the payroll person and asked them to double check if it had been inputed into my payroll options and I was right, it had been overlooked. They updated it immediately and it will take effect for my next cheque. Yay, I'm glad it was so easy to correct.
So the moral of the story is to make sure you keep an eye on payroll deductions. It was pretty easy to spot and only took a 5 minute visit to get it looked into and resolved. :0)

2 comments:

The Asian Pear said...

Good thing you spotted it!

hklover86 said...

I remember thinking from your previous posts that you work for the same company that i used to work for. If I'm right you reaaaally gotta watch them! Keep an eye out for sure!