Pages

Monday, March 2, 2009

March TCOB

My February goals sunk like rocks. This has been a very stressful month for me. I did make two of my goals though. I met and surpassed my goal for my Australia Fund. I also handed in all my benefit papers two weeks ago and should be getting coverage soon.

BF and I are on a roll getting the whole house clean and organized. It's a lot of work. I have boxes that have been moved around and stored for years completely untouched. Going through it all is so exhausting and embarrassing!! BF keeps finding old pictures of me that are not very flattering. Think band class group photos and such.

I have learned recently that I will need to have to have a certified bank statement proving I have $5000 when I apply for my work visa in June.. or July(?) don't remember. So I really have to focus all of my savings towards that goal right now until I hit that mark. Then I can concentrate on all of my other PF goals.

So here are my March goals:

Host St.Patricks Day Party With Friends - I want to have a potluck dinner with some old friends and play some drinking games.

Save $750 Towards Australia Fund - This will bring me to 40% of my goal!

Finish Online Training - BORING

Organize House With BF - Ugh, but it has to be done. :(

Have Niece Over For Sleep Over Party - Usually includes a trip to the "big movies" (theater) and dinner out with Auntie and Uncle. The rest of the weekend is spent hanging around the house. These weekends are fun but tiring :)

Hunt Down The Rest Of My T4's - This is so annoying! You have my address so send it to me jerks!

5 comments:

Canadian Saver said...

Good luck with your goals!!!

What can you do if your employer doesn't give you a T4? My mom's employer (thankfully she retired in December!) doesn't answer his phone messages when the employees call requesting their T4s... any suggestions?? (I can get the numbers by using her paystubs, but having the T4 if she gets audited would be better!!)

The Asian Pear said...

oooh. St. Patty's Day Party. :) Sounds fun. My friends and I always dye everything GREEN for our party's. Even the dog's water was made green for the evening. :) You should try it.

Good luck with your March Goals!

Dolly Iris said...

Hmm... I think you can report them for this. I'm not sure if its with Labour Relations or if its with the federal government. I usually call 1-800-OCanada when I have problems. I have been told before when having issues with an employer to guesstimate the numbers and attach a letter explaining the situation. Luckily I haven't had to do this yet but I think I might have to this year.

Nathaniel Christopher said...

I can't wait unil St. Patrick's Day!!!!!!!

Laura said...

Good luck with the goals! St. Patrick's day sounds fun. I will be flying all of that day returning from Boston/NYC, but maybe in my layover in Toronto I will meet a leprachaun (spelling?) in the airport lounge. He better have a pot of gold!