Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

One Journey Ends, Another Begins

Our last evening in Thailand. Our last day away from home. *sigh*

I would love to tell you that we are out living it up. Partying the night away until we leave in a taxi at 5am for our flight out of here. Reality is we are resting up. The motorcycle tour took a lot out of me and I am catching up on rest. Not to mention my ass feels pretty bruised. Well worth it though. We are back in Bangkok after flying in earlier today. I immediately repacked my bags and got to resting.

We leave Bangkok in the morning (Feb 2) with a stop in Hong Kong (I hope this goes well with the New Year crush) and then off to Canada to arrive in Vancouver on Feb 2nd. Yay, we gain one whole day lol.

We are going to spend two nights at my dear friend Nathaniels. He was the last to see us and will the first to greet us home. I can't wait to hash out all my stories to him and make him look at 5 million pictures.

Then Friday we take a ferry over to the Island just in time for my mom to get off work and pick us up for the start of her weekend. My sister is planning to have us all over this weekend on Saturday so I can see everyone, dish out my presents and collect my xmas gifts. Fun!

I really am not ready to go home but our tickets expire after tomorrow so it is what it is. I will just have to find ways to escape and travel again in the future. I will miss traveling. Its been an amazing year. Now that I'll be settling in though I'll be able to fill you guys in on all my adventures. I have a lot to share. Hopefully you will find it interesting.

I do have a lot to look forward to. My niece is so excited she has the date circled on her calendar. We had a conversation that went like this:

Niece : Um, Aunti Dolly, please when you come home dont ever go away this long again

Me: *laughs* Ok well, I will still travel but not for a whole year at a time

Niece : How long?

Me: Two months maximum

Niece: No, maybe two days maximum.

So I guess that means she misses me. I have to say I miss her too. It seems when I talk to her on Skype that she's become a little lady while I was gone. Growing up in my absense. Thats not allowed is it?

I miss my family and friends. My brother just recently moved to Waterloo but he said he'll try to make it out at the end of March to see me. My other brother says he'll clear his schedule to hang out with me. My sister is ready to cook a darn turkey for me since I missed Christmas. My mom cleared a space for BF and I to live in her new house even though the entire thing is under construction.

While the thought of looking for work and settling down is sort of depressing I have a lot of positive things to look forward to. An old bestie from high school moved to my town. I guess that will be one of my "rekindled friendships" for my 30B430. My best friend is getting married and I get back in time to experience that with her. My other best friend is going to fly from Alberta to see me when I get back. So much love.

Yeah, going home wont be so bad :0)

5 comments:

hklover86 said...

im sure it will be a major adjustment once you get home. But just remember all the great memories you have from your trip! I hope you have a safe trip home!!

The Asian Pear said...

When you see this:

WELCOME BACK HOME!!

:)

Dolly Iris said...

Aw, thanks so much guys. I think I'm going to have a hard time adjusting for sure. I'm sad to go home. I still miss everyone but I have a lot of adventure still left in me.

Dolly Iris said...

p.s On a 4 hour layover in Hong Kong.

Anonymous said...

Aww.. I can definitely see how it'll be bittersweet for you. But you know the saying.. "Home is where the heart is".

Welcome home! :)