Pages

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Back and in FULL debt attack!

I realize it may seem as though this blog has been abandoned. Sorry guys! I feel so overloaded lately and something had to give.

The good news is... well everything. I'm almost done my seasonal shopping and things are going pretty well at work.

The real gravy though is the fact that I've been able to put two lump sums on my student loan this week. $250 from my last cheque and then I also transfered the $200 I had in my EFund. This is a total of $450 in the last week. I know I said before that I didn't want to touch my savings to pay off my debt but I felt this was the only way to get it paid off before the New Year which is really important to me.

By my Excel calculations I have $400 left to go. Pay day is next Friday and I'm so excited to call student loan that day to get my final balance so I can make the very last payment. Yes, I'm about to be debt free next week. Crazy!

7 comments:

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

I am so excited for you honey!

I can't wait until you're debt FREE!

hklover86 said...

thats amazing! I am going to be in that position hopefully within the next 6 months as well! so exciting!!

Debt Dieter said...

That's fantastic! Can't wait to see that deft free post come though.

Shevy said...

Wow, Dolly, that's amazing!

Laura said...

I've missed you Monkey!!!

I am happy to hear you are going to be debt fre and can completely focus on saving for Australia next year! :)

YAY!

Anonymous said...

Glad to have you back :)

I am also excited for you!! DEBT FREEE!! How great is that!!

S said...

wooowie Congrats girl! Big weeek from you and cant wait to see the next step after this thing is gone gone gone gone gone!