Pages

Friday, October 30, 2009

Christmas Thoughts

This year I will spend yet another Christmas alone in this little house. While I will still be joining my family for dinner and small gift exchange, BF will be in Quebec. The thought of joining him did entertain my thoughts it just isn't the right time to be spending extra money with the trip coming up. Also, it will be my last Christmas with my family for awhile.

Usually at Christmas everyone buys for the children and our parents and then there is a "secret" Santa draw between everyone. This never ends well. I don't know what it is about my family and holidays but it can be very trying. This year I announced that I opting out of the gift exchange. I still want to buy a little something for my niece, nephew and parents but everyone else will get baking or something. I'm thinking some of my delicious pumpkin loaf.

I feel this decision will result in less stress for everyone and hopefully will refocus the family on spending quality time together and sharing a home cooked meal beside a well dressed tree. I hope to get a nice family picture in too for my mothers sake.

I have already purchased a gift for my niece so I just really have to shop for my nephew and parents. I'm going to start keeping this in mind when I'm out and about shopping. I'll also make sure to keep my ears perked for ideas.

The best part about Christmas for me is getting to bring out the handmade ornaments from my grandparents to adorn the tree. That's what makes it truly special.

No comments: