Pages

Monday, July 13, 2009

Contemplation

Hello readers. Or rather any readers I still have left. I know I've been gone for some time now with no explanation but I really needed the time away.

On June 1st the most important person in my life passed away after a short battle with small cell carcinoma. My Grandfather was the most amazing person I ever knew and I don't know how I'll ever be able to get past that moment. I was fortunate to be there during his final hours and to say my peace at his service on June 20th. I'll never stop missing him.

The dividing of the estate showed some nasty qualities from members of my family. I tried to distance myself from the process and refocus my family on honoring his memory and spending time together. I have set up a family memorial camp weekend in August to celebrate his memory.

I dedicate this song to my Grandfather.

Losing someone so close to your own heart can really freeze you in your tracks and make you question a lot of things in your life. It's time to get myself back in order and make him proud.

Thank you for your support.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back Dolly. I am sorry about your loss.

S said...

I was wondering where you went. Sorry to hear about your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Glad to see you back girl. Keep on trucking.

Laura said...

*hug*

The Asian Pear said...

I'm so sorry about your grandfather. It must be incredibly hard for you and your family right now.

i totally remember that log driver's waltz. may I ask if your father was a log driver or was this his favourite song?

Shevy said...

Oh, honey, I've been worried about you. I'm sorry for your loss. I understand how that can make the online world much less vital for a time, but I'm glad to see you back.

Canadian Saver said...

Dolly, I am really sorry about your Grandpa :-( My condolences to you and your family.

I'm so glad you're back though!!

Dolly Iris said...

AP - He was a log driver just like in the video. We used to always watch the video at family gatherings. My grandmother was a cook at the logging camp and that is how they met.